The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

5.2.2 Released

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

5.2.2 Released

Postby JoeAtTrends » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:28 am

Just noticed that 5.2.2 was released, this came as a surprise to me, the same as 5.2.1 and other similar releases.

Is there a notification service which I am missing somewhere? Is it supposed to be apparent for us users that don't visit your page each day? (I have setup a notification system which monitors your page for changes, and this is the only way I knew of this update)

Also I am curious what changes happen in the minor/bug fix releases. I never see granular detail like that, and also never see any forum postings regarding these releases.

Just curious. I feel like I am missing some of this licensed user experience here.

EDIT: I just noticed that there was a post for 5.2.2 on the 5.2.0 sticky post. viewtopic.php?p=12656#p12656
But still wondering why there hasn't been well formed notification in the past.
JoeAtTrends

Re: 5.2.2 Released

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:52 am

There is an update system; the program notifies when a suggested update is available. This usually occurs a couple of weeks after initial release. In the case of v5.2.1 the updates were so minor that we did not issue a check. We will probably issue a check for v5.2.2 in the new year.

We also send an email to registered users for major releases/updates that fix a potentially serious issue.

Finally, we publish every release no matter how minor to our blog. Subscribe there to receive the latest about the program. We also update our help page with the latest version number.

The bottom line; if it's an important update we're going to let you know about it.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support