The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Access project notes

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Access project notes

Postby Matthias Schmid » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:07 am

I use CC on my laptop with a local Outlook installation. My local installation is synchronized with my company exchange account. Sometimes I am not able to access my Outlook account via my locally installed Outlook, but use the Outlook installed on the Terminal Server. On the terminal server I do not have CC. (I hope my description makes sense.)

My problem is: If I access my Outlook account via Terminal Server, I do not see my project notes (that I added to projects when using CC via my local Outlook installation).

So my question is: Where are project notes stored? Is there a possibility to view and/or edit those notes without having CC installed?
Matthias Schmid

Re: Access project notes

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:39 am

The project notes are stored within hidden messages within the project folder. ClearContext or some utility that is capable of viewing hidden Outlook messages are needed to view the project notes.
ClearContext Support

Postby Matthias Schmid » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Thank you for your answer. I was not able to find any tool. The search term "hidden messages" in Outlook did not bring up useful links. I suppose it is not possible to see those messages without specific developer tools (like "OutlookSpy"?).
Matthias Schmid

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:21 pm

The developer tools OutlookSpy or MFCMapi would be capable of viewing the hidden messages. I don't know of any user oriented tools that can access the hidden messages, but perhaps another option is to write some VB scripts to access the object model. In Outlook 2007 and newer, hidden messages are represented by the StorageItem object, and can be queried from the Table object by specifying the olHiddenItems flag.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support