The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Accessing Exchange from OWA simultaneously with Outlook/CC

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Accessing Exchange from OWA simultaneously with Outlook/CC

Postby ssholloway » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:52 pm

Hi, Brad--
I'm be out of the office for a week, and I'd like to leave Outlook and CC running on my work machine to filter, score, and tag Exchange email while I'm gone. However, I will need to access my Exchange mailbox through Outlook Web Access during this time. What issues/limitations should I be aware of with this setup?
Windows XP, Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange 2003 SP2 in non-cache mode, CC 4.0.3, and OWA with Mozilla browser.
Thanks.
--Sue
ssholloway

Postby brad » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:36 pm

There are no issues with that setup that I know of. In fact, if you leave the Outlook client open on your work machine, you should be able to use one of the IMS prioritized views to see messages in priority order on OWA.

Have a good trip.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby ssholloway » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:18 pm

Thanks, Brad.
I like the idea of using IMS views but I don't believe OWA on Exchange 2003 supports different views except in IE.
ssholloway

Postby ssholloway » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:26 am

Correction to my last post. I can use the CC views in OWA with a Mozilla browser! Very helpful. Thanks, Brad.
ssholloway

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support