The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

activewords

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

activewords

Postby tripp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:00 pm

I tried installing activewords for clearcontext and when doing so I get an error that "clearcontext inbox manager is required for installation." Please help. Thanks.
tripp

Postby brad » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Tripp:

Are you running Vista? Is UAC asking you for the Administrator password when you run the agent installer or are you selecting "Run as Administrator"?

Assuming this is the case, the problem is that once you give your admin credentials, the installer is looking at your Admin account to see if ClearContext is installed. ClearContext isn't installed on your admin account, so it aborts.

The near term workaround is to temporarily grant your current user account Admin privileges, install the agent, then remove the admin privileges. The agent should work as expected once you've gotten through the install.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby tripp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:03 pm

- running vista with outlook 2007 with exchange
- UAW is turned off
- I am connected to a domain
- I have full admin rights on both domain login and computer login
- I have tried installing both via the domain and computer login and get same result

Is there a way to use the activewords without an executable? It seems that Clearcontext is the only group of words that use the executable where the others are via a zip file.

Thanks

Tripp
tripp

Postby brad » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:15 pm

I don't have a workaround for installing the agent in your environment at this time. You have come across a known issue for users running Vista as an Administrator with UAC turned off. We plan to fix this in a future release of the agent. I do not currently have an estimate for when that release will occur.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to run the agent without the executable.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support