The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Adding Contacts To Projects

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Adding Contacts To Projects

Postby SA2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Can I add contacts to projects from people who have not yet sent me an e-mail about the project? If so, how do I do that?
SA2

Re: Adding Contacts To Projects

Postby Scott - CC Support » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:29 pm

This can't be done currently, but it is on our features list. This may not make it into the 5.1 release with the redesigned project management and dashboard features, but it is something we plan to add.
Scott - CC Support

Postby SA2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Scott - CC Support wrote:This can't be done currently, but it is on our features list. This may not make it into the 5.1 release with the redesigned project management and dashboard features, but it is something we plan to add.

I created a work around by assigning an e-mail from the desired contact to the project. Not clean or easy, but it did the trick. I am new to CC so wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something
SA2

Postby Cu17 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:06 am

How does this workaround work?
Cu17

Postby Scott - CC Support » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:32 am

Open an email from a contact you want to appear in the dashboard and file it to the project you want via the filing button.
Scott - CC Support

Postby SA2 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 am

You identify an e-mail from the person you want in your project's contact list. You mark it to change the project status to the project you want the person on - even if that e-mail has no relationship to your project. That contact will now show in your contact list for the project.
SA2

Postby Cu17 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Tx I knew. Is it possible to put a name in the contact list without having got an e-mail from this contact? (e.g. from an outgoing mail that I would like to follow up by calling the contact). BR
Cu17

Postby SA2 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:29 pm

CU17-I would say NO. See original reply from the cc folks
SA2

Postby deva » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:18 pm

CU,

To clarify, as SA2 writes, this is not currently possible. We are expanding project capabilities to allow for much more flexible project data management. You'll see parts of this exposed in our 5.1 release, with much more to come in future releases. We'll have more info soon regarding which release flexible project/contact association will make it into.
deva

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support