The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Appointment list in Dashboard - feature requests

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Appointment list in Dashboard - feature requests

Postby bdavidson » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:34 pm

One missing feature in CC Pro is the ability to properly enumerate recurring appointments. Currently, any recurring apointments only appear for their next recurrence "time". For example, if I have a daily appointment called "Lunch" from noon to 1pm, recurring on weekdays only, it will only appear on Monday from noon to 1pm. If I scroll down into Tuesday's appointments, there's no lunch scheduled (won't I be hungry!). Obviously, by Tuesday, it will appear, but when scheduling in advance, I wouldn't see it as blocked time, using the appointment list.

This feature seems to be missing for quite a while, and hopefully is on a short list after 4.6 is released. And if you're going to enumerate recurring appointments, you'll probably want to let us configure how many days are shown in that Appointment list to avoid a data overload.

Lastly, I would prefer that all-day appointments in the list be drawn smaller than the current 3 line approach (subject, location, time), since all-day appointments have no time worth displaying. Probably easier said than done, but since I use a lot of all day appointments, I have to scroll down a lot to see my time-specific appointments.

Thanks for listening. I've just reinstalled CC Pro after a lengthy hiatus. It's good to be back.
bdavidson

Re: Appointment list in Dashboard - feature requests

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:04 pm

This is on our features list to take a look at for a future release. As you allude to, there are some performance considerations that make showing recurring appointments a little tricky.

FYI - we used the Outlook To-Do bar as our template for this behavior, but I read in a recent article that showing recurring appointments in the To-Do Bar is oft requested of the Outlook team as well.

Thanks for the feedback.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support