The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Auto Assign Categories

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Auto Assign Categories

Postby ps_md » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:36 am

I have been using ClearContext Pro for over a year now and i find it very valuable.

Recently i have become rather frustrated with the Auto Filing / Auto Assign rules because they seem to be just a poor implementation of Outlook rules and i am unable to effectively auto assign categories or projects to a majority of my emails.

I get a ton of email each day, for anywhere between 4-6 different projects. Additionally, i am on dozens of internal mailing lists and distribution lists as well as notification lists. I need to be able to use the Outlook rules filter to assign ClearContext categories to the emails as the come in, and from what I have read, it used to be a feature.

Auto filing doesnt seem to work with email TO distribution lists and flagging on partial subject doesnt seem to work either. In some cases i can filter all items if they come from the same email address, but that only works for some notifications.

I would really love to be able to assign CC categories to my emails using outlook rules.
Thanks!
ps_md

Re: Auto Assign Categories

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Support for distribution lists is something we hope to address in the future.

Can you provide some examples of some partial subject rules and the subjects you expect to match that are not working so that we can investigate? If you prefer, you can send them via email to support at clearcontext.com
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support