The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

AutoAssign not working

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

AutoAssign not working

Postby jcfriedly » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:20 pm

I have CCv.4.6.6 on Outlook 2007, Vista 64-bit. I have >500 rules to move incoming emails to folders and many (but not all) are simply not working.

I have moved rules to the top of the priority list to make sure another rule was not being prioritized above, but it had no effect. I have got the latest Windows updates, disabled all non-Microsoft Outlook add-ins, enabled cached Exchange mode in outlook, reduced my OST file size from 7 gigs to 1 gig, used SCANOST, uninstalled McAfee, and other things without luck.

Any ideas how to solve this?
jcfriedly

Re: AutoAssign not working

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Is "Overwrite existing Topic" is enabled on your rules? This will ensure that the Topic is assigned and the message is filed, even when a Topic was previously assigned to the message conversation.
ClearContext Support

Re: AutoAssign not working

Postby jcfriedly » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Oops. That appears to be it. Thanks for the incredibly fast reply.
jcfriedly

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support