The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

AutoAssign not working

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

AutoAssign not working

Postby renlrenl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:08 pm

None of my AutoAssign rules are working; this is the case even if I go into AutoAssign management and click 'apply rules to inbox'. I now have dozens of emails in my in-box that satisfy AutoAssign rules but are neither assigned projects nor filed immediately as specified by the various rules I've created.

Not sure whether any of the following is relevant, but here's some background:

I recently had some trouble installing a new MS Exchange email account. In the process of trying to get it to work, I changed Outlook profiles and had to add back all of my POP3 email accounts. I am certain that these accounts are all delivering mail to the correct .pst that contains my primary inbox. But is it possible that ClearContext AutoAssign is checking the WRONG Inbox?
Everytime I click 'apply rules to inbox' the dialog box says that 0 emails were processed even though I know that there are many emails in the Inbox that satisfy AutoAssign rules.

(I have also recently used the MS PST repair tool on all of my psts so I don't think there is a problem with the .psts.)

Help? Thanks!
renlrenl

Re: AutoAssign not working

Postby renlrenl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Also, I've noticed that my new emails and replies are being filed in my Sent Items folder rather than being automatically filed in the correct project folder that I select when the dialog box pops up. When I look at them in the Sent Items folder, these emails do have the correct project assigned and they do get filed appropriately if I then click File Msg or File Thread...

Would it help to reinstall CC? Would I lose my settings, rules, etc. if I did so?
renlrenl

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:31 am

ClearContext v5 only performs those actions on your default mail file, as defined in Outlook. Go into your Outlook Account settings and set the mail file you want autofile and sent message filing to work on as your default, and they should start working again.
ClearContext Support

Postby renlrenl » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:23 pm

The default email settings are correct: my primary Inbox is in the default mail file. That might have changed briefly during the Exchange installation, but my Outlook profile has subsequently been completely rebuilt so those settings are now correct.
renlrenl

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:25 pm

In account settings, there is a tab for e-mail accounts and datafiles. In both tabs, are the defaults set to the appropriate account and datafile?
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support