The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Autoassign Not Working (V5)

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Re: Autoassign Not Working (V5)

Postby JohnG » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:18 am

The screen print will be on its way shortly for the Autoassign issue.

As far as the checkbox issue for "Important", any programmer will tell you that there are two states for a checkbox : on or off. If it is set on, it is "Important", if it is set off,it is not. My feeling is that the coding in CC is only doing half the job: if it was previously on and I turn it off, CC should remove anything it set for "Important". There is no need for a separate box to unmark it; by removing the check, it is clear what the intent is.

JohnG
JohnG

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:16 pm

Thanks to JohnG for the great detail provided on this issue. After much investigation, it appears this problem is the result of conflict with another Outlook process that overwrites category assignments. We will build a fix into the next release of ClearContext (v5.0.3 or greater), but in the near term delay ClearContext processing by 3000ms or more to resolve. Details are here.
ClearContext Support

Postby JohnG » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:11 am

As you know from my emails after the fix was applied, it does resolve issues with items coming into the Inbox. After several days of emails, I can confirm that the 3000ms. delay does the trick with my system.

I have one straggler item that was already in the Inbox that will not autoassign there. I know you folks are looking into it, but if it is not resolved, I am fine with the fact that all new items are handled correctly. It is one item after all. I am assuming that email was somehow corrupted.

Thanks once again for the great support.

JohnG
JohnG

Postby ClearContext Support » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:26 pm

Thanks for the update, John.
ClearContext Support

Previous

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support