The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

AutoAssign Priority based on Outlook2007 Category

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

AutoAssign Priority based on Outlook2007 Category

Postby ahpatel » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:52 pm

I use Outlook 2007 and have an "Unload" category for msg that can be deleted or have no need to be archieved.

I'd like to be able to set an AutoAssign rule to set any msg with the "Unload" Topic to "Low" Priority -- but it doesn't appear to be possible in 3.1.0.

Any possibility of introducing such a feature? Or, any suggestions for alternative ways of doing this?

Thanks.
ahpatel

Postby brad » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:22 pm

Using the default scoring settings in ClearContext, anything that appears in gray in your Inbox is coming from an unknown sender and is not addressed directly to you; it's almost assuredly all spam. Instead of assigning a category of unload, why don't you just assign a manual priority of Very Low, use one of the views that sorts by priority, and just periodically delete everything in gray?
Brad Meador
brad

Postby ahpatel » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:12 am

the scenario is...
sometimes I send emails directly to KNOWN contacts where the msg isn't that important and doesn't need to be archived, but it may constitute a few replies back and forth. On sending the msg, I tag the msg with the Unload Topic, but keep it in my inbox until a reply is received -- for these messages, I want the priority to be set to "Very Low" and greyed out.

As a workaround...
I just created an Automatic Formatting rule to grey any msg with the Category set to [Unload]. This doesn't allow me to use CC scoring or anything, but the grey color is sufficient under the Inbox views I use.
ahpatel

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support