The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

AutoFile Folder with spaces - Daily Digest

Discuss ClearContext AutoFile and the ClearContext Scorecard here. New to ClearContext Online? Start here.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

AutoFile Folder with spaces - Daily Digest

Postby mikeefficient » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:39 am

Dear Team,

I have a few folders within my outlook, which has spaces in the name, as you can see from this link extracted from the daily digest:
"Posteingang/test this (1) : "
Link: "outlook:/Posteingang/test this"

When I click on the link, an instance of outlook with that folder does not open up, just a question, which application should be opened. This is different for folder where there is not space in the folder name. There, the feature works well - to click the link and get directly to the folder.
mikeefficient

Re: AutoFile Folder with spaces - Daily Digest

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:43 am

We're not sure why you are seeing this problem. The links for the built in AutoFile folders have spaces in them, and we haven't heard problems about those. For example "outlook:Inbox/ClearContext Autofiled/News & Information". Do you have any messages filed to these built in folders, and if so, can you click on them in the Daily Digest and navigate to those folders?
ClearContext Support

Postby mikeefficient » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:19 am

well, seems to be, that clearcontext for some folders, always adds the link like that:
"outlook:/Posteingang/test this"
or this:
"outlook:/Posteingang/ Info consumed"
or even this way:
"outlook://Posteingang/ test number 2"

if I manually add the links, to only have outlook:Posteingang .. with no forward slash after the ":" then it works fine.

Must be an internationalization issue, since on some folders it works and some, it does not. It seems to work in folders which I have stored in the "ClearContext Autofiled" folder.

I am running Version 7.1.0 Pro , on a German Win 7 - MS Outlook 2010.

I would appreciate a bug fix once you found the missing part.
Thanks
Mike
mikeefficient

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:10 am

We will investigate further in our next release and see if we can determine the cause of this.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext AutoFile and Scorecard Support