The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

AutoFile with new folder issue

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

AutoFile with new folder issue

Postby KEM » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:49 am

I noticed this morning when I create a new AutoFile using a *new* folder name it doesn't create the folder. I had to go manually add the folder. In version 6 it would create the folder if I entered a folder name that didn't already exist.

This seems like a bug to me but if I've missed something please let me know.

Thanks! - KEM

Office 2013/Win 8 Pro w-Media Center/ClearContext 7

PS: I notice you didn't update the installer file properties version number to 7.x.x. If you could correct this in the next installer I would appreciate it. - Thanks Again.
KEM

Re: AutoFile with new folder issue

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:16 am

thanks for the report. We have confirmed the issue and will address it in our next maintenance release.
ClearContext Support

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:50 am

Upon further investigation, we are finding that the new folder creation is working but in a different way than v7. Because AutoFile v7 now supports filing to Project folders, it is defaulting to creating the rule filing to a Project folder rather than an AutoFile folder.

We are considering changing this behavior to add a Project folder if the new folder matches an existing Project sub-folder otherwise adding an AutoFile folder.
ClearContext Support

Postby KEM » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:32 am

Hello,

I appreciate you looking into this "issue". I would prefer an option to create a folder under AutoFiled just like the previous behavior. I can see how the behavior was changed given the new feature (which is *really* nice) but personally, I definitely DO NOT want it creating something under Projects.

Please let us know how you decide to proceed regarding this issue so I know whether to install the next update or not.

Thanks! - KEM
KEM

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support