The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Automatically delete original email after creating Task List

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Automatically delete original email after creating Task List

Postby psale » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:18 pm

While my "To-do" list is very email driven, it is also driven by phone calls and thoughts that pop into my head. That being said, I would like to create an Outlook Task item directly from an email, put a copy of that email within the task, and delete the original email, AND all in one step. Right now, after I create a new Task Item from an email, I need to manually delete the original email. Does ClearContext provide a way to do this automatically?
-
Peter Sale
psale

Postby brad » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:05 pm

Set the value of "Orig Msg" in the task to "Delete" and it will delete the original message. We remember this state for future task creation. Note that we remember it for two different cases - messages that have tasks assigned to them when the task button is clicked and messages that don't have tasks assigned to them.

Check out our user guide for more detail.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support