The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Automatically filing Sent messages

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Automatically filing Sent messages

Postby pdennin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:19 am

Can I use the Threads to automatically file replies to the appropriate file? It seems counter intuitive to have to create a Thread in the Inbox and then go into the Sent file and re-apply it. Am I missing something?
pdennin

Re: Automatically filing Sent messages

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:56 am

Go to ClearContext > Options > Preferences > Topic Options and check "Save messages to Topic folders". This will cause ClearContext to save Sent messages to the appropriate folder as you send them.
Scott - CC Support

Postby pdennin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:07 am

What I want to is automatically have the Sent messages assigned to the Topic folder. Now I have to go into Sent and clean it out. It would be great that after I replied to a message, my reply would be automatically filed to the appropriate folder.
pdennin

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:50 am

That's exactly what this feature does. From this point forward, as you reply to messages the Sent message is automatically filed to the appropriate Topic folder.

To clean out historical messages, go to the Sent Items folder, press CTRL-A to select all messages and press File Msg - all messages with Topics associated will be moved to the appropriate Topic folder/
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support