The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Bug when filing multiple messages to a different project?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Bug when filing multiple messages to a different project?

Postby pdrolet » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:36 am

I get multiple behavior when filing emails to Project-B when they have already been filed to Project-A. It gets more obvious when I select multiple emails to file at once. Here are the things I tried and the results:

1) Drag&Drop the emails from Project-A to Project-B:
      It works! Emails only have Project-B category.
    2) Using the "File Msg" button while in the message view window, with preview-pane open (I select Project-B as the target):
      I get intermittent issues and 3 behaviors:
      a) email still has Project-A category (first email is ok, but the other emails selected kept the old category)
      b) email has Project-B category (works for single email if the email's category has been updated recently)
      c) email has 2 categories (Project-A and Project-B) (works for single email if the email hasn't had any updates in a while)

Anyone else can confirm the issue? Am I the only one with this?

Thanks!

-Patrick
pdrolet

Re: Bug when filing multiple messages to a different project?

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Thanks for the detail. This is a known issue that will be repaired in a future release.
ClearContext Support

Postby pdrolet » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Feature improvement request
On a related note while you're in that section of the code, could you also update categories when moving folders (or offer a solution that update all emails in a folder tree to its new location).

The objective is to move a folder tree from project-A to project-B.

Thanks!

-Patrick
pdrolet

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Feature improvement request
On a related note while you're in that section of the code, could you also update categories when moving folders (or offer a solution that update all emails in a folder tree to its new location).

The objective is to move a folder tree from project-A to project-B.

Thanks!

I expect this to be implemented in a future release.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support