The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Can CC choose a default Project for new emails?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Can CC choose a default Project for new emails?

Postby prak7121 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:45 am

Is there a way to assign a set default folder or project to a new outgoiing email as a project?

At my company we have recieved intensive Outlook training and the consensus is that one folder to file your emails into is the most productive rather than using multiple folders for example for multiple customers.
Plus we automatically categorize our emails.

It would help if outgoing new emails could be setup in ClearContext to automatically default to a chosen Project (in our case a folder call __Processed Mail.......we add the 2 underscores so the folder is at the top of our folder list in Mailbox in Outlook for those users not setup yet with ClearContext and that manually drag their emails into that folder.)

For those of us (3 now) that use ClearContext, we want all our emails to have the Category for every email to always be __Processed Mail.
If ClearContext could have a setup field in Options to allow us to choose a default Project (in this case the __Processed Mail folder), that would eliminate the Box coming up "Start Typing to Find a Project" and would automatically assign the __Processed Mail to each outgoing email.

See the snapshot if my explanation above is not clear.

Paul Rak at VeriForm
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Attachments
Any way to get CC to assign a default Project to new emails if one is not assigned.jpg
Any way to get CC to assign a default Project to new emails if one is not assigned.jpg
Any way to get CC to assign a default Project to new emails if one is not assigned.jpg (86.84 KiB) Viewed 2413 times
prak7121

Re: Can CC choose a default Project for new emails?

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks for your feedback. Actually, what I think you really want is the ability to use the file button to set a category on the message while still moving it to a single folder? That way you can automatically apply categories to your messages as you file them to Processed Mail. We plan to implement this in a future release, though I don't have an estimate on availability at this time.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support