The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Can I re-run the initial Inbox scan?

Discuss ClearContext AutoFile and the ClearContext Scorecard here. New to ClearContext Online? Start here.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Can I re-run the initial Inbox scan?

Postby kmccamy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:46 pm

I have just recently downloaded and installed and I had the "wrong" datafile selected as "default" when I installed. Is there a way to re-run the initial email scanning that CC performs on the "Inbox"? The data file that was selected "default" only had 3 emails in it...the bulk of my other emails are in another profile...

Thanks!
kmccamy

Re: Can I re-run the initial Inbox scan?

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:14 pm

Download the following file http://www.clearcontext.com/resources/attachments/runsetup.zip, and run the script inside the zip file. When you restart Outlook, ClearContext setup will run again.
ClearContext Support

Postby kmccamy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Thanks!...both for the great info and file and for the prompt reply!

For anyone else with the same problem:

I switched data files in Outlook to the "correct" one, then closed Outlook and ran the script. When I re-opened Outlook, CC went thru the initial setup again, this time with the correct data file!

It worked perfectly...Thanks so much for your help!
kmccamy

Postby Jeff_D » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:08 pm

OK, I know it is poor manners to post on an old thread, but I have the exact same question. I see the file linked above, runsetup.zip, is still linked there. But this file is 4 years old. I am running ClearContext v7, is this still the recommended method to re-scan?

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff_D

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Yes, the linked file above will still work to enable running the setup process again.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext AutoFile and Scorecard Support