The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Can't get ClearContext to go away

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Can't get ClearContext to go away

Postby grberk » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:22 pm

I have to uninstall ClearContext to troubleshoot some problems with some other add-ins. For some reason, even after un-installing ClearContext, I still have a ClearContext menu in Outlook 2007. It will not go away. I went into the Programs and Features applet in Control Panel (I am using Vista Business), and it clearly is not in there. There is nothing listed in my Outlook 2007 Trust Center section, but that menu option remains no matter what I do. Restarting Outlook or my PC does nothing either. How do I get it to go away?
grberk

Postby brad » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:37 am

Sorry for the trouble. It sounds like your installation became corrupted at some point.

Have you tried reinstalling and uninstalling? Go through a reinstall, open Outlook and let it initialize. Once complete, try uninstalling.

Also, if you changed your UAC rights after install, this could have an impact on the problem. Try following directions here to verify that the product is completely uninstalled.

Finally, if that doesn't work, send me a note referencing this thread at support at clearcontext dot com and I'll send you additional instructions offline.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby grberk » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:31 pm

That did the trick. Should have thought of that before...

Thanks for your help.
grberk

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support