The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Cannot install current update to my Clear Context installati

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Cannot install current update to my Clear Context installati

Postby rhood » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:48 am

I have tried to install to current p to version 7.1 but even after install the screen still say I have version 7.0.4I have tried reinstalling the program but it still will not update
rhood

Re: Cannot install current update to my Clear Context instal

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:51 am

Please try the following:

1) When you are updating ClearContext, make sure that Outlook is shut down. Otherwise, the files may be locked and unable to be updated
2) Go to your Outlook->Options->Addins screen and view the location where ClearContext is installed. If it starts with "C:\Program Files\...", then you need to download the installer first, the right click on it and choose "Run As Administrator"
3) Go to your Outlook About screen to view the version and whether it says 32 bit or 64 bit. If it says 64 bit, you may need to manually click on the link for the 64 bit version on our download page.
4) If the above steps don't help, try shutting down Outlook, then uninstalling ClearContext from the Windows Control panel. Then try reinstalling the latest version.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support