The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

CC AutoFile vs. Outlook Rules

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

CC AutoFile vs. Outlook Rules

Postby KEM » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:34 am

Is there a good explanation of CC AutoFiles vs. Outlook rules? I have a lot of rules and maybe I would be better off converting some of them to CC AutoFiles? I don't know.

Obviously anything I want to be server side has to stay in Outlook. Are CC AutoFiles more efficient than Outlook rules? A clear down side is that Outlook has to be running somewhere for the CC AutoFiles to happen.

If you could point me to any good resources or perhaps just comment on the topic I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
KEM

Re: CC AutoFile vs. Outlook Rules

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:18 pm

There is a bit of overlap between the AutoFile rules and the Outlook rules, but the reasons one might want to use AutoFile are:

- performing ClearContext specific actions such as assigning Projects and Priorities. This function is the primary reason AutoFile was created.
- hitting the hard limit on the number of Outlook rules allowed (AutoFile doesn't have a predefined limit)
- preference for the simpler interface of AutoFile
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support