The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

CC fails to load

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

CC fails to load

Postby petecuff » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:20 am

Hi

firstly I have gone all through the guide here:

troubleshooting-clearcontext-issues-start-here-t1777.html

Secondly, I have a laptop using CC that works perfectly so I know it's not that I don't know how to set things up right.

thirdly, the desktop that I'm having problems with is a brand new install with no other Outlook plugins/is no different to my laptop.

When I load Outlook, is says "Loading Profile", then ticks on to "Processing". This is when the CC logo screen pops up over the top. From this point onwards, nothing loads/works. Hovering over the CC on screen logo shows the busy mouse icon (i.e. it's loading). However absolutely nothing happens from that point owards.

I am therefore forced to quit, open Outlook in safe mode, and all is fine (but no CC active of course).

I'm at a loss and don't know what else to try: please advise.
petecuff

Re: CC fails to load

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:48 am

Hi, sorry to hear you are having troubles getting ClearContext installed on your other computer. When you say this is a new install, do you mean it has a brand new installation of Windows and/or Outlook? If so, please try uninstalling ClearContext and let Outlook run for some period of time so that it has time to fully synchronize. If Outlook is synchronizing, it may not allow ClearContext to load or it may take a very long time.

Also, is your mail account on Exchange? If so, please go to your Outlook email account settings, make sure it is configured for "Cached Exchange Mode", and move the slider for Mail to Keep offline to "all".
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support