The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

CC for IMAP

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

CC for IMAP

Postby Todd0060 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:52 am

Just want to add my voice to the many I see asking for an IMAP solution. Please provide for IMAP. I am becoming very attached to CC, but the idea of only have to read mail once using IMAP is too good to disregard with my need to be mobile between travel and home. The ability to be mobile and have all of my CC stuf in sync is very compelling. Please help.
Todd0060

Re: CC for IMAP

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:29 am

Thanks for the feedback, Todd. It sounds like what you're really asking for is not simply support of IMAP for mail access, but rather some sort of server-based version of the software that ensures ClearContext features are available regardless of where you access your IMAP account from. This is obviously a fairly significant development effort, but is on our list for future consideration.
Scott - CC Support

Postby ritz » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:01 am

I too would like to add my voice to those calling for full IMAP support for CC.

As a rule I access my email from multiple PCs all the time, so not having IMAP support negates a lot of the value I could get from using ClearContext.

Since my email boxes are so large (Gmail) and are all already categorised and tagged, setting up a PST for POP access is not an option since it very quickly since the various systems very easily get out of sync with one another.

PLEASE consider fast tracking IMAP support into future releases of CC.
ritz

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Ritz:

Sorry for the slow response on this. Just to follow up, IMAP remains on our product roadmap, but poses significant technical challenges to implement in a way that doesn't negate the advantages of that IMAP provides. We will update here and on our blog when we make progress on this feature.

Thanks for the feedback.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support