The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

CC NOT WORKING, ERROR COULD NOT OPEN KEY

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

CC NOT WORKING, ERROR COULD NOT OPEN KEY

Postby vinicits » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi, Im a proud user of clear context at home and at work!!!
at my work CC works like a charm, but a home im having some issues
i use outlook 2007 and im not sure which version from CC i use, I believe it is 5 but im not totally sure.
first problem, the key that was sent to me didnt work
second problem, i sent an email to solve the first problem and got a response saying i should probably be using v5, and have a passcode to v6 so they advised me to update to v6
third problem, when trying to update to v6 i get the following error:

im using (slash) cause my actual slash is not working.

could not open key: UNKNOWN(SLASH)INSTALLER(SLASH)PRODUCTS(SLASH)F4CED6E456FD4DA698C08B94151A1(SLASH)SOURCELIST(SLASH)MEDIA.
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key or contact your support personnel

that also shows up when i try to remove the program through the control panel
im from Brazil, im sorry for my bad English. thank you for making such a great piece of software!
vinicits

Re: CC NOT WORKING, ERROR COULD NOT OPEN KEY

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:05 am

Try the following Microsoft utility to force an uninstallation: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Progr ... _Uninstall

Once uninstalled, try installing the product again. Please be sure that Outlook is shut down while trying to uninstall and install the product.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support