The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

CC stoped getting started

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

CC stoped getting started

Postby aakhter » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:21 pm

Hello,

All of a sudden CC has stoppoed loading on outlook startup. I go thru the com-addin screen and reenable it, but nothing seems to happen even after restarting Outlook. After the restart, ClearContext is disabled.

I've also removed and installed as well as repair.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
aakhter

Postby brad » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:30 pm

Have you checked disabled items from the Outlook About screen? See this from our FAQ:

http://www.clearcontext.com/faq.html#reenable

The ClearContext Add-in has become disabled (or is not loading), how do I re-enable?
If Outlook terminated during operation, the ClearContext add-in could be disabled. The first step is to restart Outlook and see if that fixes the problem. If this does not work, follow the instructions below to re-enable:

1. In Outlook 2003 and 2002 (XP), Select Help > About Microsoft Outlook > Disabled Items and select the checkbox next to add-in:clearmail.dll.
2. If this doesn't work, in all Outlook versions, Select Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options... > COM Add-Ins... and ensure the box next to ClearContext is checked.
Brad Meador
brad

thank-you!

Postby aakhter » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:02 am

Yes, the problem was solved via the first method (About)
aakhter

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support