The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

CC Views only available in inbox

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

CC Views only available in inbox

Postby handes » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:37 am

Can I use Clear Context views in my Clear Context topics folders?
handes

Postby brad » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:10 am

Brad Meador
brad

Postby handes » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:15 pm

Brad,
thanks for the response, any plans to allow use in a future release?
handes

Postby brad » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:22 pm

It's not that we're not allowing it - if you read the thread it shows you how to add the views to Topic folders and in most cases you will have a prioritized folder.

The issue is that we don't monitor those folders for scoring, so it's possible that messages could get into the folder that don't have CC data appended to them and therefore would not be scored. We do this for performance reasons, were we to monitor all folders at all times for unscored messages we could seriously slow Outlook. The only folder we currently monitor is the Inbox.

We are always looking for ways to improve this functionality, but there are no near term plans to implement scoring in folders outside the Inbox.

I hope this helps.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support