The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Classifying contacts

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Classifying contacts

Postby rcollings » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:16 am

(I thought I had posted about this before but now can't find the original message - apologies if this is a double post. I think I may have forgotten to press Submit after viewing the Preview)

Anyway..

I thought I asw somewhere that you are thinking of extending the topic classification scheme use it to classify Contacts as well. Is this correct?

In the meantime, I want to start classifying my Contacts and was wondering what the best way of doing this is? I could use Categories or Folders or a mixture of the two.

Any thoughts on the relative merits of the two approaches and how they might be integrated with the Clear Contex topics at a later date?
Richard
London, UK
CC V6.0.1+ Outlook 2010 + Windows 7 + POP3
rcollings

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:46 am

We are looking into ways to extend IMS classification schemes to contacts in a future release. I don't have a good recommendation for your in the meantime. Please keep in mind that the Look up Contact from message function only creates new contacts in the primary contacts file, so you may want to consider using categories rather than folders.
ClearContext Support

Postby rcollings » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:06 pm

Thanks. Does the search part of the Contact button search all Contact folders?
Richard
London, UK
CC V6.0.1+ Outlook 2010 + Windows 7 + POP3
rcollings

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:54 pm

IMS looks to the primary contact folder and all of its sub-folders to find contacts.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support