The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Clear Context add-in disappears on reboot

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Clear Context add-in disappears on reboot

Postby magicman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:16 pm

I am using Clear Context with Microsoft Exchange on my work computer. When I initially install it, everything works fine. But if I have to restart the computer, the add in disappears and it is not then in the list of Outlook add-ins or Com add-ins, so cannot be enabled. The program must then be uninstalled through the control panel and reinstalled to work. However, when the computer is restarted the next day, the add-in has disappeared again. Everything works fine when I access the account from my home computer. I am using Outlook 2013 at home and 2010 at work to access the email address with Microsoft Exchange.
magicman

Re: Clear Context add-in disappears on reboot

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Try installing ClearContext with admin privileges. The computer policy at your company may be causing the usual place ClearContext is installed to get wiped out. To install as admin:

1) Shut down Outlook
2) Uninstall ClearContext if it is currently installed
3) Click on a download link at www.clearcontext.com, but save the installer file instead of running it
4) Navigate to the installer file with the file explorer
5) Right click on the file and use the option "Run as administrator"
ClearContext Support

Re: Clear Context add-in disappears on reboot

Postby magicman » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:55 am

Thank you. This seems to have solved the problem.
magicman

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support