The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

ClearContext 7.0.4 consistently causes Outlook 2016 to crash

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

ClearContext 7.0.4 consistently causes Outlook 2016 to crash

Postby CapstoneWorks » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:41 am

Outlook 2016 has been released through Office 365 and we are installing it as a Microsoft Partner and Managed Services provider to become familiar with it and evaluate its compatibility with various plug-ins in advance of rolling it out for our client base.

We've found ClearContext 7.0.4 to consistently cause Outlook 2016 to crash. The hang seems to occur after 3 emails are assigned to a project folder - the third assignment causes the crash.
CapstoneWorks

Re: ClearContext 7.0.4 consistently causes Outlook 2016 to c

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:33 am

While Outlook 2016 is not yet officially supported yet by ClearContext, there are quite a few users using OL2016 without issues and we have not seen any problems yet in our preliminary testing. The problems you are experiencing are probably not specific to using OL2016.

We would suggest first scanning your mail file for errors as described in step 1 here: http://www.clearcontext.com/help/performance.html

If that doesn't help, try the other general troubleshooting steps:
troubleshooting-clearcontext-issues-start-here-t1777.html
ClearContext Support

Postby CapstoneWorks » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Thanks - I uninstalled both Clear Context and Office 2016 - then opened Office 2016 solo and filed a few things - then I reinstalled CC and things are working well so far.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
CapstoneWorks

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:35 pm

We're glad to hear you were able to solve the problem. If you installed ClearContext immediately after installing Office 2016 it is possible that Outlook was not completely initialized yet and conflicts were occuring during use. This can be exacerbated if Office is deployed in the streaming deployment that Office 365 defaults to. In the streaming deployment, Office is first minimally installed and installation continues while the product is being used.
ClearContext Support

Postby God67 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:09 pm

I have waited and waited on this issue and had quite a bit of patience due to "Outlook 2016 is not officially supported". Unfortunately I have become far too dependent on CC and have a hard time without it BUT my functionality in Outlook is SEVERELY restricted. Outlook 365/2016 has been out probably 24+ months now.

In fact, when I think about it, the time that I am wasting staring at the spinning cursor and/or Outlook restarting after a crash is probably offsetting any time savings that CC previously gave me. It is pervasive and constant. I have tried most of the methods in all of the related threads and frankly have no more time or patience.

I don't even know for sure how long I have been a dedicated user despite relatively minimal upgrades or improvements. It is actually a fine product without making it complicated... it ain't broke so...

That said I think I may have to dump it until something significant is done.

Desperately looking for help...

Steve
God67

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:18 pm

We're sorry to hear you are experiencing issues. Outlook 2016 has actually been supported by ClearContext for some time now, so we don't believe any problems you are having are specific to Outlook 2016. Please go to the ClearContext->Help screen in Outlook and click on the link to email support. That will allow us to view some diagnostic information.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support