The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

clearcontext ask for project while file to root is enabled

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

clearcontext ask for project while file to root is enabled

Postby remco.vaal » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:15 am

I want to change my ClearContext config that it will file all messages to one folder?

I thought to check the box in front off "File all message to root folder" will arrange this, but still get request to choose a project?

Is this possible?
remco.vaal

Re: clearcontext ask for project while file to root is enabl

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:47 am

When filing to one folder, there is still a concept of assigning a Project to that message to organize them, so ClearContext always prompts you for a Project. If you merely want to move messages to the same folder, you can use the built in Outlook "Quick Steps" feature to easily do that.
ClearContext Support

Postby ps_md » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:44 am

I am going to necro this thread because I arrived here looking for similar functionality. I get hundreds of emails a day, as do most users here, and I use shortcuts to file them to projects (Alt-D, Ctrl-Alt-D.) The frustration i have been having lately is that everything needs to be filed, even the non-project messages.

Ideally, I would like all emails to be filed to a single folder IF no project is assigned and Alt-D is pressed. Ctlr-Alt-D will request a project be assigned and function just as it does now.

I realize I can create a quick step to move to a folder, but I really dont want to have to add a third shortcut into the mix... If the program was smart enough to see that no project has been defined for a message then file it to the default folder (if enabled).

If there is a way to do this and I have simply misconfigured my installation, please let me know.
Thanks.
ps_md

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:28 am

Thanks for the feedback. Having a default filing folder is not currently something supported by ClearContext. We have heard other requests for this and it is something we are considering for a future release.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support