The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Clearcontext causes RUNTIME Error in Word.exe(2003) -2002 ok

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Clearcontext causes RUNTIME Error in Word.exe(2003) -2002 ok

Postby Rolo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:58 am

Clearcontext causes Runtime error. Installed on office computer. I have admin rights. Outlook 2003 and Word 2003 running. Latest updates. Outlook uses MS Word as email editor. After I finish email and click send (from wintin the Word) a message apperars - RUNTIM ERROR in Word.exe. Now I use latest version of Clearcontext.

I am sure it this Clearcontext. If I disable the plugin all goes to normal. No other software installed. Perviously I used Clearcontext with Outlook and Word XP (2002) and was no problem. I used the previous small release, same version, I believe 2.04.

Any help please!! I like the software but this error causes headaches. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rolo

Postby brad » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:14 am

If you disable Word as an editor (tools > options > mail format), does the problem go away? Do you have any additional add-ins installed in Outlook or Word? Are you running against Exchange or POP?

I have not seen this error before, but it sounds like your Outlook setup is corrupted in some way. I would like to suggest that you run Detect and Repair from the Outlook help menu. You may lose some of your Office preferences and will likely be asked for your Office installation CD's.

If this doesn't work, you may also want to try running scanpst against your mail file. For information/instructions on running scanpst, see this slipstick webpage.

Please let me know of either of these help.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support