The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

ClearContext Pro V6.2 Released

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

ClearContext Pro V6.2 Released

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:35 pm

We are pleased to announce that ClearContext Pro v6.2 has been released.

Version 6.2 addresses some requested feature enhancements such as returning deferred messages to the top of the Inbox, ignoring out of office messages when tracking followups and improving the printing from the Organizer. In addition, there is improved compatibility with hotmail and outlook.com EAS configurations, as well as other bug fixes and enhancements.

To upgrade, click on any download link or button at http://www.clearcontext.com

Existing v6 license keys will work with v6.2
ClearContext Support

Re: ClearContext Pro V6.2 Released

Postby ashtrayhat » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:27 am

UPDATE - found the setting. Never mind :-)

Hi - I just installed the new version (6.2). How do I disable the new feature that is putting deferred messages at the top of the list? I can't find the setting to disable this. It's a deal breaker for me - it's modifying the received date of my messages.
ashtrayhat

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:06 am

Glad to hear you figured it out. We're in the process of putting out a v6.2.1 update to tweak a few things, and we will probably be changing the default on defer not to change the date.
ClearContext Support

Postby tjdjeffery » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:41 am

When I try to upgrade I get the following message

Clearcontext must be uninstalled before running setup adaing due to changes in user rights. This can be caused by changing UAC settings.

Is it ok to uninstall? I dont want to risk losing all of my current settings etc
tjdjeffery

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:22 am

That message can come up if you installed ClearContext as an admin, then try to upgrade and run the installer as a non-admin or vice versa. Try running the v6.2 installer as an admin if you didn't do so, or as a regular user if you previously tried to run as an admin.

If that step doesn't work, go ahead an uninstall ClearContext and reinstall. You won't lose any of your settings in doing so. If you want to be extra safe, you can backup your settings with the instructions here: how-do-i-backup-transfer-my-settings-to-a-new-pc-t3455.html
ClearContext Support

Postby racoutu » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:15 pm

I got a notification in Outlook today that there was an update to ClearContext Pro V6.2.1 but when I download from the button provided then click the 64xbit it installs the 6.1.1 version so no change happens.
racoutu

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:00 am

Occasionally, the upgrade fails without updating the product version. Please try uninstalling ClearContext from the Windows Control Panel before running the new installer.
ClearContext Support

Postby racoutu » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:53 pm

ClearContext Support wrote:Occasionally, the upgrade fails without updating the product version. Please try uninstalling ClearContext from the Windows Control Panel before running the new installer.

Thanks, that worked. :)
racoutu

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support