The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

ClearContext roadmap?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

ClearContext roadmap?

Postby Gnopps » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:37 am

Is there a roadmap of upcoming features and release dates for CC?

Of the 8 features suggested six months ago here and here, none have been implemented. I understand my wishes are not the only ones important, but I'd understand better things not being fixed (like autofiling still happening from sent-folder) if there was some kind of roadmap or prioritisation that could be shared. Thanks for a good product still!

So what are your plans for upcoming versions?
Gnopps

Re: ClearContext roadmap?

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:30 am

We're not ready to make announcements about upcoming releases yet. We will post information as it becomes available to the blog and forums.
ClearContext Support

Postby georgefurnell » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:24 pm

Bumping it up because I am also curious. I guess the answer will be the same?

Regards
G
georgefurnell

Postby Theo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:39 am

In case you've not see this thread, it gives strong hints as to what's next

http://online.clearcontext.com/forums/gtd-outlook-addin-end-of-life-t4306.html

Cheers

Theo
Theo

Postby Roger_Wichmann » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:59 am

I am curious as well, and it would be nice if the users were communicated to a little more often than like once a year. A year ago I asked this question, and yes in the last year version 7 came out along with a couple of follow on maintenance releases. But my concern from last year is the same this year.

Last post on ClearContext Blog: March 17th, 2015
Last post on ClearContext Facebook page: March 17th, 2015
Last tweet on the ClearContext twitter feed: January 25th, 2012

Is there just some aversion to communicating with users? Last year I decided to bite and pay for the connect membership, but this year I just can't justify it. Maybe if we the users get some idea what might be in the works it would help. I love the product, and I have paid to use the software for a lot of years, but I have to say your marketing of the product and yourselves is pitiful. Is there hope that those paying for this software can get some insight on the future plans?

Roger Wichmann
Roger_Wichmann

Postby Roger_Wichmann » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:37 am

I guess I will take the lack of any comment as confirming the product is basically at a dead end. I am uninstalling and I will move to Todoist (5,000,000 users) which has an Outlook plugin, mobile and web clients, is actively being developed and they actually communicate with users on a frequent basis.

I wish you the best, but you may want to step up the communication to something more often that once a year.
Roger_Wichmann

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:17 am

We're sorry to hear you are moving on and hope the other product works out for you. We only announce new versions or features that are imminent and what we have already disclosed in the thread linked by Theo is all the information that is available at the moment.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support