The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Communication score

Discuss ClearContext AutoFile and the ClearContext Scorecard here. New to ClearContext Online? Start here.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Communication score

Postby mattsykes » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:35 pm

I've been comparing my scores to other users online, and consistently seem to have a low communication score. What surprises me is that my "number of messages sent" is consistently much higher - perhaps double. I've looked at obvious comparatives like total number of messages received/sent, and it isn't massively different. Any idea why this would be?
mattsykes

Re: Communication score

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Please enable your public page (via preferences after clicking Compare you stats online") so that we can take a closer look at your data.

The Communications score is calculated from both sent messages and replies. While your sent #s are higher, it could be that overall the number of messages you reply to are lower and bringing your score down. To improve, create AutoAssign rules that file informational messages - newsletters, etc. - out of your Inbox so that they don't count against your score.
ClearContext Support

Postby JHinOC » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:39 pm

I too am puzzled over my communication score. I have fairly high scores for Response Time and Inbox Control, but my low Communication score drags total Effectiveness down. According to the scores, I send an average 4 emails a day during the past 7 days and 2 replies per day - how does that compute 35 for Communications is beyond me. Please help and explain how I can improve the score.

Thanks.
JHinOC

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:19 am

Currently the communications score is affected by the number of emails you send/receive. In low volumes like yours, I don't expect this score to be very high. As mentioned elsewhere, we are looking into ways to improve the calculation of this score so that it is more accurate for everyone.
ClearContext Support

Postby animeimp » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:44 pm

It is rather confusing. Mine list that I have send an average of 8 messages a day, for a score of 68, yet for all users, they have a 75 for 5 messages a day.
animeimp

Postby Scott - CC Support » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:27 pm

This doesn't sound completely out of line - the communications score isn't just based on how many you send a day, but also how many replies you send a day.
Scott - CC Support

Postby animeimp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:15 am

Scott - CC Support wrote:This doesn't sound completely out of line - the communications score isn't just based on how many you send a day, but also how many replies you send a day.

How does that not make sense. I sent 8 replies, they send 5. Their score is higher.

I think the exact formula needs to be known, not just some sort of black box random number generator that appears to be happening now.
animeimp

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:48 am

I want to reiterate what was said above - we plan to change the way the communications score is calculated in a future release to make it a more effective score.

To clarify, communications score is based on the ratio of received messages to replies. Let's say:

- you receive 100 messages and reply to 50
- someone else receives 10 messages and replies to 10

The latter is going to get a higher communication score because they are responding to more messages.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext AutoFile and Scorecard Support