The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Computer crash: reinstalling

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Computer crash: reinstalling

Postby john.rupp » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:54 am

I bought full version 4 of ClearContext the middle of last August. My computer recently crashed and I had to reformat my drive.
When trying to download and reinstall yesterday, only v5 was available and it wouldn't let me download with my registration key.
How do I get back up?
...John
john.rupp

Re: Computer crash: reinstalling

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:56 am

v4 is still the default download on the site. Download from here. If you have installed v5, you will need to uninstall it via Windows Control Panel first.

Once installed, enter your v4 registration key. Look it up here.
Scott - CC Support

Postby john.rupp » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 am

I still have the same problem. I get a dialog box with the following [different HKEY each time]:

"Could not open key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{5D037 30E-526F-4F58-A6F0-0F9CBE938138}
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

This occurs while setup is writing system registry values. Setup then rolls up, making no changes to my system.

...John
john.rupp

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:30 am

Try running this process to remove ClearContext, then reinstall. Does that resolve your issue?
Scott - CC Support

Postby john.rupp » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Followed the instruction; got to a successful installation of the Windows Cleanup Utility, but I can't find it to run it. Where does it install to?
john.rupp

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:28 pm

It should be located in the directory that you unzipped the zip file to (step #3 in the directions).
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support