The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Configuring v5 to work more like v4

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Configuring v5 to work more like v4

Postby deva » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:35 pm

We've made a lot of changes in ClearContext v5. We're confident you'll find ClearContext faster and more intuitive for most of the common tasks you perform while managing your email every day. But a number of you have tailored v4 to fit exactly into your specific workflow and would like to have v5 work more like v4 did. Here are some tips on doing that:

Assign messages to projects without filing - add the "Project" button to your toolbar (add ClearContext->Options->UI/Toolbar->Toolbar Configuration->Project)

Make the File Msg button work like v4 - instead of showing a suggested project, have the File Msg pop up the project selector for unassigned emails (unclick ClearContext->Options->UI/Toolbar->Show one click filing suggestions)

See project names in inbox view - ClearContext no longer writes its own custom fields to messages, but you can copy project names to the Category field, then add the Category field to your inbox view (check ClearContext->Options->Project Options->Synchronize Projects to Categories)

Those are three configuration changes that make the v5 message processing workflow more similar to the way things worked in v4.

We've also made some other key feature changes in v4 that are being discussed in other threads. We're making a lot of improvements and updates in upcoming 5.x releases, so please contribute your thoughts in these threads - we pay attention to every piece of feedback we receive!

Prioritization and Views
Delete Original on Reply
File Topic

Thanks and happy holidays from ClearContext!
deva

Re: Configuring v5 to work more like v4

Postby dyerfr1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:49 am

Dava - unable to get this (inbox view of projects) to work. Running Outlook 2003; have enabled both Category and Categories in inbox view. Categories seems to indicate priority of contact...
dyerfr1

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:14 am

Go to ClearContext > Options > Project Options and enable Synchronize projects to Categories. You will see project assignments in the category field for all messages received after the change was made, but you will not see it for previously received messages.
ClearContext Support

Postby Rulffes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:01 pm

I am using the personal version, v4 did everything I needed. With v5, I cannot seem assign the "project" without filing. I use this in my inbox to sort by categories. I do not have the toolbar functionality you described in your post. Is there a way to do this in personal or is there a download for v4 available. Thanks, Robin
Rulffes

Postby kkobrin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:29 pm

I am very frustrated by the way v5.02's Project and File Message system currently works. The new system so far has been significantly less accurate than v4 in it's suggestions as to where to file a message, requiring me to frequently intervene to change the location.

This is the single biggest issue I have with v5, wich I have been using for a while now. I understand that the plan is to add topic capability back in in an upcoming version. I sincerely hope this happens quickly and makes v5 as useful to me as v4 was!
kkobrin

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:29 pm

kkobrin:

1. Turn off one-click filing and I expect the suggestions/file button to work almost exactly like it did before. ClearContext > Options > UI/Toolbar.

2. Add the Assign Project button from this same options screen to add the ability to assign Projects without filing - mush like the Topic system worked in v4.

Thanks for the feedback.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support