The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Contact Not Recognzed, Emails Not Filed

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Contact Not Recognzed, Emails Not Filed

Postby cbaldwin » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:46 am

HI,

I downloaded the CC program in hopes of being able to file all my emails into the appropriate folders, after reading, by just clicking the File MSG button.

I did the contact analysis and no more than 50 were recognized and so I shut down outlook and ran the analysis again. It still gave me the same contacts and didn't even list my mother as one. I have read several posts where you are supposed to make sure it recognizes my email addresses and both of them are listed. Can you help me figure out how to analyze and prioritize all contacts?

Also I have been trying for 3 days to figure out why it will only file some of my messages with the Flie MSG button but others it will not. Even if I have filed the same type of email from the same person or company before using the button, subsequent emails still have to be filed manually. This is very frustrating!! Help

For example. I get emails from Cmail a real estate marketing email that anybody can send emails with property sales information. Now the email is made by different people but they all have the same email address of cmail@cmailmarketing.com. I have Filed this message several times using the File MSG button and manually placing in right folder, but the next email that I get which has the same address I press File MSG and still have to file manually. Help?

At first I thought this was because I had never added this as contact, but I added as contact and it still doesn't work.

Thanks,
cbaldwin

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:33 pm

Thanks for checking out the program. To address your questions:

I did the contact analysis and no more than 50 were recognized and so I shut down outlook and ran the analysis again. It still gave me the same contacts and didn't even list my mother as one. I have read several posts where you are supposed to make sure it recognizes my email addresses and both of them are listed. Can you help me figure out how to analyze and prioritize all contacts?

It sounds like your Identity is not set up correctly in Outlook. Do you use multiple aliases to receive email? Try following directions here to enter any aliases that you use to receive email (i.e. a school alumni address, a support account that is forwarded to you, etc).. Also, if you use Exchange, make sure that your exchange email address is listed under detected email addresses. If not, add it to your aliases and download your Exchange Address book via Tools > Send/Receive > Download Address Book.

Also I have been trying for 3 days to figure out why it will only file some of my messages with the Flie MSG button but others it will not. Even if I have filed the same type of email from the same person or company before using the button, subsequent emails still have to be filed manually. This is very frustrating!! Help

For example. I get emails from Cmail a real estate marketing email that anybody can send emails with property sales information. Now the email is made by different people but they all have the same email address of cmail@cmailmarketing.com. I have Filed this message several times using the File MSG button and manually placing in right folder, but the next email that I get which has the same address I press File MSG and still have to file manually. Help?

Which folder do these messages reside in and were they received prior to installation of IMS? IMS must process messages before they can be filed to Topic folders. Processing of messages in the Inbox from your primary account occurs during setup and when Outlook is started. New messages are processed as they are received. If you are trying to file messages in other folders that were received prior to IMS installation, I would not expect you to be able to file them. Does this sound like your issue?

Please let me know how I can provide additional assistance.
ClearContext Support

Postby cbaldwin » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:57 pm

ClearContext Support wrote:Thanks for checking out the program. To address your questions:

It sounds like your Identity is not set up correctly in Outlook. Do you use multiple aliases to receive email? Try following directions here to enter any aliases that you use to receive email (i.e. a school alumni address, a support account that is forwarded to you, etc).. Also, if you use Exchange, make sure that your exchange email address is listed under detected email addresses. If not, add it to your aliases and download your Exchange Address book via Tools > Send/Receive > Download Address Book.

So I Uninstalled the Program and Reinstalled to no avail on the contacts!!! I have over 2000 contacts?

As far as I know I do not have exchange on my computer. So I don't think that is the problem and besides that I have looked in Tool>Send/Receive>Download Address Book and that is not an opotion on my Outlook.

I only have 2 email addresses that I use goodbiz1000@gmail.com and goodbiz1000@yahoo.com and they are both listed under Detected Email Addresses, However I looked at how people send me emails and it shows like: (Baldwin, Clint);(Clint Baldwin; goodbiz1000@yahoo.com);(Clint); etc... but I have no other alias such as goodbiz1000@ou.edu. Not sure what to do?

Which folder do these messages reside in and were they received prior to installation of IMS? IMS must process messages before they can be filed to Topic folders. Processing of messages in the Inbox from your primary account occurs during setup and when Outlook is started. New messages are processed as they are received. If you are trying to file messages in other folders that were received prior to IMS installation, I would not expect you to be able to file them. Does this sound like your issue?

This could be the problem, because right before I loaded CC I brought in several hundred emails from gmail and yahoo and they didn't pass through CC, but I look back to dates several days before I installed CC and out to the right on the view under category I can see where they will be put in the correct folder if I hit File MSG whereas others that are on the same date that i have filed the same way dont have this. I guess the verdict is still out until new emails pass thorugh CC and I file them, but I am pessimistic???

Please let me know how I can provide additional assistance.
cbaldwin

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:39 pm

Please go to ClearContext > About, press Email Support and use the email that is created to send us the following screen prints:

1. ClearContext > Options > Identity
2. ClearContext > Options; run Contact Analysis and send the Prioritized Contacts results screen.
3. Open a letter from you mother; double click your name in the header (next to To:). Send the a screen print of the Email Properties screen that appears.
4. Send a screen print of your Inbox showing your messages list and the IMS toolbars.

Please note that Contact Analysis results should not show all of your contacts; it should only show the top 30% or so of your most important contacts.

Which folder are you trying to file these old messages from? If you are in an folder other than the Inbox and received prior to IMS installation, regardless of whether the message shows a Topic or not, you will not be able to file the message. This is expected behavior. FYI - If you drag the affected message into the Inbox and back out to the folder it was in, it will be processed and you will be able to file it.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support