The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Contact's Prioity setting not reflected in Inbox

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Contact's Prioity setting not reflected in Inbox

Postby JohnG » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:22 pm

I have had two cases where this has happenned:

An email comes in from a contact not known to ClearContext. I open the message and go to ClearContext/Contact and set the priority. In the particular cases, I set them to High. According to your color codes, this should result in the message being colored Blue (high); instead they were colored Green (normal).

Is there some explanation for this? Is the color in the Inbox based on something more than just the Contact's priority?
JohnG

Postby brad » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:59 pm

Contact priority is just one factor we look at when scoring a message. We also look at how directly the message is addressed to you, whether you are participating in the thread, thread priority, etc.. For more detail see our User Guide.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support