The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

contacts in ActionView

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

contacts in ActionView

Postby mrbear55 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:19 pm

Hello,

Ideas, anyone, on how to incorporate contacts into ActionView tasks?

I'm a GTD add-in user, and evaluating ClearContext. Great application as it is able to prioritise and thread info automatically, which GTD add-in cannot do.

In David Allen's methodology, Agendas is used and I've set this up accordingly in the GTD add-in. So if I'm sitting with my boss, I can easily bring up the task view with @Agendas and see what i have to discuss with him.

How can I do this with ActionView? There is no contact field to filter by. Seems like I would have to put the boss's name in the subject line of the task, or to use MyBoss as a topic.

Unfortunately, my topics are already reserved for projects and subprojects.

Ideas, please?
mrbear55

Postby brad » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:04 pm

Could you assign a category called @Agendas-Boss and filter the ActionView by that category?
Brad Meador
brad

multi-category filtering

Postby mrbear55 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:17 pm

Yes, I can actually.
However, it would be great to have multi-category filtering in order to get some of the custom task views I set up where I may be in a meeting and that view will group all questions I have for several managers, who would be for example Agendas-Manager 1, Agendas-Manager2, etc.
When I pull up the custom view, I can peruse all questions for that group of people, instead of pulling up one view after another.
mrbear55

Postby brad » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:02 pm

I am adding the ability to filter on multiple categories to our features list for future consideration. In the near term, you might consider assigning two categories, something like @Agendas and @Agendas-Manager1 so that you can pull up all Agendas or just the individual Manager's agendas as needed.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support