The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Copying a Filed E-mail to both "Sent" & a Reference Folder

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Copying a Filed E-mail to both "Sent" & a Reference Folder

Postby rinkyhinky » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Is this possible? I have tried to make a copy of a sent e-mail, filed under a Client's hierarchical folder, for instance, and copy it into the "Sent Items" folder, but it seem only to make a duplicate and file that under the Client's folder once again.

Is there any way around this? It is useful to have my e-mails filed by client, (although admitedly they are also stored under the History Tab of my ACT System), and the Sent folder (the latter is primarily for quick "proof" that the message did, indeed, get sent).

Look forward to your response.

Marnette
rinkyhinky

Re: Copying a Filed E-mail to both "Sent" & a Reference Folder

Postby Scott - CC Support » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:34 pm

There is no way to copy email to a project folder rather than move it. We suggest filing to project folders and using a search folder to view your sent email.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support