The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Couple of Features when Converting Email to Task

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Couple of Features when Converting Email to Task

Postby Djblois2 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:36 pm

The reason for these requests are I use 4 folders in order to keep my inbox empty. I use a combination of GTD and MYN. Folder 1 is Someday/ Maybe for emails that I may want to do in the future. Folder 2 is Reference for any emails that I need to keep. Temp Holding are for any emails that I am waiting on a Response. Todo is for items that I turn into Tasks.

1) I wish when I create a task from an email then it will file the email for me. In the setting I could set the folder I want it filed to. I would like it to automatically go into Todo.

2) I wish when I complete a task that was created from a email then I would like it to ask me if I want to delete the email or file it. If I want to file it I want it to automatically go into Reference.

3) I wish that after sending an email it will prompt me if I want to create a follow up message for it. I always forget to use that feature. Then If I tell it to create a follow up message it should automatically file the email and all emails in that thread in the Temp Holding folder.
Djblois2

Re: Couple of Features when Converting Email to Task

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed May 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. As you are probably aware, Original Message does some of what you ask - filing or deleting the original message as a reply, task or appointment is created. However, there is not a way to specify permanent folders for these actions. I have added your suggestions to our list.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support