The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Create a task from email should file the email

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Create a task from email should file the email

Postby MadMrMax » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:21 am

On CC 5.4.2 -- I thought there was a feature (but now I cannot find it) is that when I create a task from an email that the email should be filed to the same project as the task. Right now I'm not seeing that behavior nor can I find the option for that. Is that supported?

thanks,
mark
MadMrMax

Re: Create a task from email should file the email

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:03 am

When you create a task from an email, you should see a button called "file original" in the task edit window. Once you save and close the task, the message you created the task from will be filed if you click this button and also selected a Project for the task.
ClearContext Support

Postby MadMrMax » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:21 am

Thanks. Is there any option to always have this button set? If not can I make a request for a feature for that? I've gotten to the point where I have to auto-hide my Office ribbons (smaller displays with only 768 vertical resolution) so I don't want to have to click multiple times in the ribbon.

thanks,
mark
MadMrMax

Postby MadMrMax » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:37 pm

Oops, sorry about my suggestion. I see that the "File Original" button is a sticky toggle. Please ignore. thanks!

-mark
MadMrMax

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support