The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Create a Task

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Create a Task

Postby cdkennedy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:28 pm

Is there anyway to create a new task (not from and email) and have it show up in the Action View?
Cheers
Craig
Craig Kennedy
cdkennedy

Postby brad » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:38 pm

New, standalone tasks do appear in the ActionView. Make sure you don't have a filter set on ActionView that is keeping you from seeing a newly added task. Also, if you have ActionView open when you add the new task, hit refresh to view the new task.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby cdkennedy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:06 pm

Sorry-perhaps I wasn't clear. The only tasks that I am seeing (no filters set) are those that I create from an email in my inbox via the task button.
Can I create a new task that is not based on an email and have it show up there?
Craig
Craig Kennedy
cdkennedy

Postby brad » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:11 pm

Craig -

I understand what you are saying. If you create a native Outlook task from the New button, that task should appear in the ActionView.

Are you using Taskline or some other task addin that might be creating a task as an object that we don't recognize?
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support