Creating a task truncates email message body.

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Creating a task truncates email message body.

Postby JD » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:59 pm

Hi - when creating a task from an email message, I the message thread is truncated. Is there a way to disable this such that the entire message and thread appears in the body of the task. Thanks JD
JD

Postby brad » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:38 am

There is not a way to change the truncate setting at this time. Please note, however, that the entire message is attached to the item and can be opened by douvle clicking it.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby JD » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:26 pm

Yes, I did notice that the message attaches to the task. However, I sync Outlook tasks with an external program which does not carry the attachment through. It results in just the truncated email in the body of the task to appear in the external program. Thank you for your prompt response.
JD

Postby brad » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:51 am

Thanks for the additional info. We have the ability to set truncate options on our future features list and will look at implementation for a future build.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby JD » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:17 pm

This may not be the right place to post this comment, but this being my first post topic, I would like to say that your product has evolved into a great task management tool. The inbox manager was in itself a great tool, and until your full product was released, I was using another Outlook Add-in that was just a little short on the finish. You now have, what is, IMHO, a killer app. I manage my task/project management through an outlining program that syncs with Outlook, which brings the flat Outlook task structure into a richer additional tree-like structure. It combines well with Clearcontext and the truncation us just a minor problem. Thanks. JD
JD

Postby brad » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:34 am

JD - thank you so much for the kind words. We really appreciate the feedback.

Which task management program are you using?
Brad Meador
brad

Postby JD » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:03 pm

Brad, I use MLO. Noticed a couple of posts in the Features forum here discussing CC/Outlook and MLO integration. I should post it in that forum, so I'll be short here ...Apart from the truncation, Outlook <---> MLO sync works just fine.Even if CC does not automatically create a @Waiting for task for follow up messages, that can be easily assigned within MLO when reviewing the task. The category is then carried over to Outlook at the next sync. I look forward to all your planned features to be implemented in anticipation.
JD

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support