The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Customizable keyboard shortcuts?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Customizable keyboard shortcuts?

Postby kproth » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:53 pm

I noticed that ClearContext toolbar shortcut keys can't be changed permanently. And one of them (Alt-P for Topic) happens to conflict with the Alt-P for Outlook "Options...", which I use regularly (every time I don't want to save a copy of an outgoing email, it's Alt-P, Alt-N, Enter). I ended up having to change my shortcut defined for the outlook options, but I would have preferred to be able to assign a different shortcut key for the clear-context toolbar.

I found an old (~2006) forum posting on this topic that indicated Outlook 2003 doesn't save it and CC developers had no work-around. Is this still true? Would it be possible to setup something on the ClearContext options dialog that could allow a measure of "permanent" control over the defaults on the CC menu? Things like changing shortcut keys, removing shortcut keys, hiding unwanted buttons, etc???

Thanks,
- Kevin
kproth

Re: Customizable keyboard shortcuts?

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:31 pm

I found an old (~2006) forum posting on this topic that indicated Outlook 2003 doesn't save it and CC developers had no work-around. Is this still true?

Yes. Also, in the Outlook ribbon, all keyboard shortcuts are automatically designated by Outlook. We have a feature request to provide better shortcut management, but I don't have an estimate for when this will be available.
Scott - CC Support

Postby Softonic » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:47 am

Hi Scott.

I am a hardcore user of Speedfiler and considering switching to ClearContext. But...I really miss keyboard shortcuts for
> Filing a message via the folder selection pop-up (not direct filing)
> Jumping to folder.

On my search for keyboard shortcuts in the FAQs & forums, I found some threads including this one. According to this thread, there seems to be no way to use shortcuts that Outlook occupies by default. But SpeedFiler does use exactly these standard keyboard shortcuts, e.g. Shift+Y in order to Jump to a folder or "CTRL+Shift+V" in order to move/file the elements. So, it seems as if there was a way :)

Also I did not manage to configure ClearContext so it takes into account all the standard elements of the Outlook PST, e.g. the waste paper basket. This means I cannot file messages directly to the waste paper basket.

Am I missing anything?
Thanks for your feedback.
Softonic

Postby Scott - CC Support » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:46 am

CTRL-ALT-M opens the file message pop up without filing the message. Add the Jump to Folder button to your toolbar and use ALT-J to access it. Also, all functions can be access via the ClearContext menu. For example, you could access Jump to Folder without adding it to the toolbar via ALT-X-J.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support