The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Dashboard Contents Empty After iOS5 update

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Dashboard Contents Empty After iOS5 update

Postby kmccamy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:54 am

Hi,

I use an iPhone 4 and just updated to their new iOS5. When I restarted Outlook, all of my "reminders" from the new iPhone OS5 were entered into Outlook, which was AWESOME, but to my dismay, all of my previously-assigned tasks/categories/projects were missing...GONE!!! Completely wiped out! They represent many hours of assignment over many weeks since I started using CC for Outlook (2010). Do you have any idea why that happened and, more importantly, how I can restore those tasks and categories?

Other than this disaster, the iOS5 seems to have solved my issues with syncing my Outlook tasks to my iPhone...one of my BIG complaints generally across any mobile device and Outlook (except maybe for the Windows Phone which I gave up years ago...)

I mention this in case other users out there have the same concerns / problems (I'm sure there are many of them, based on all the Sync questions I have seen).

Thanks for any insight / solution you can provide...
kmccamy

Re: Dashboard Contents Empty After iOS5 update

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:24 am

It may be an issue related to a recent post: syncing-with-icloud-t3643.html

Did all your tasks get moved into an iCloud folder? If so, ClearContext is currently unable to see the items in that folder.
ClearContext Support

Postby kmccamy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:17 pm

I checked the 4 different Task "folders" I have showing and all the tasks are gone from the "TASKS" folder, but they all appear to be in both the "To-Do List" and the "Tasks from iCloud"...

So, what did I do to get them removed from the Dashboard...or is this a consequence of adding the iCloud sync?

And...how do I get them back into the Dashboard? If I move them back into the Tasks folder from the To Do List, do I still have to re-create all the project assignments in the Dashboard?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
kmccamy

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:35 pm

If you move all your tasks from the "Tasks from iCloud" folder to your task folder in your main email account I believe everything will go back to normal.
ClearContext Support

Postby kmccamy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:44 am

I copied all the Tasks from iCloud to my main Tasks folder and all the Dashboard contents is back to normal! Thanks VERY much!
kmccamy

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support