The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Dashboard gone

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Dashboard gone

Postby jatchison » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:29 am

Hi. I moved my dashboard so far to the right by mistake that it disappeared. now it won't come back at all. Toggling the dashboard button just makes the inbox scrollbar disappear. same on CC menu....

I have restarted computer and all that usual stuff... where is it and how do I get it back?
jatchison

Re: Dashboard gone

Postby Scott - CC Support » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:16 am

Try resizing Outlook and click the Dashboard off/on. Assuming you are on Outlook 2003, if the FIND window is open, close it.
Scott - CC Support

Postby jatchison » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:27 am

That did not work. :(
jatchison

Postby Scott - CC Support » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:39 am

Please go to ClearContext > About Email Support and send us the data in that email along with a screen print of your inbox. Thanks.
Scott - CC Support

Postby lvzim » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:54 pm

This was causing me a real headache as well. After wasting a lot of time (restarting Outlook, Windows, getting rid of Adobe add-in, etc.), by accident I think I found at least a temporary solution until a more official fix comes along. Assuming the dashboard comes up when you open Outlook, stretch the Dashboard leftward to make it bigger. Then, for some reason you can make it smaller/bigger at will without having it disappear entirely.
lvzim

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:48 pm

All - we finally duplicated the issue in-house. It's caused when you open a second explorer (eg. open your Inbox in a new window) and open and resize the Dashboard in that window. This causes the registry to store an invalid value for the sidebar width. To repair, follow directions here to remove the sidebar width registry key.

As a workaround until we fix the issue permanently, refrain from opening the Dashboard and resizing in a second window. If you do accidentally resize the Dashboard in a second window, close it, then the first window and you should be ok.

Thanks to everyone who provided information to help us track this one down!
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support