The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Default settings in Create Task from Email

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Default settings in Create Task from Email

Postby davemag » Wed May 21, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi All - I use the MYN methodology so I'm constantly hitting the TASK button when sorting my email button. Some of the tasks I create I MUST deal with today, some I'd LIKE to look at today, and others I don't particularly care about. This translates to High, Normal, and Low priority.

What I'd like is a set of macros I can assign to buttons that will create a task with pre-defined settings. One button for "Start Today, Finish Today, Set Priority to High", and so on.

I don't think there's a way to do it currently in CC, nor could I find anything short of writing code in an Outlook macro. Would love to see that ability in CC.
Thanks,
Dave
davemag

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed May 21, 2008 5:06 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. You are correct, there's no way to do this today. I have added it to the features list for future consideration.
ClearContext Support

Re: Default settings in Create Task from Email

Postby bgwjr » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Hello - I previuosly used the trial version of pro and love all of the features! After the 30 days I deciede to go with the personal version as I it meets all of my needs...

The one feature I became most dependant on was the "task button" - the one where you can change an email into a task for yourself. I have read every post and tried to figure it out but I keep coming up short.

I belive you are talking about the same button in this thread? Can you verify and help me locate it?

I am running Outlook 2007 and have a exchange server at our office.

Thanks
bgw
bgwjr

Re: Default settings in Create Task from Email

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:53 am

The Task feature is available in the Pro version of the product, but not Personal. See this comparison.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support