The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Defer messages marked as read?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Defer messages marked as read?

Postby BrianRaynor » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:03 am

Is there any way to have Deferred messages marked as read when they are returned to the Inbox?

Currently they appear as unread. If I have 5 deferred messages that are returned to the Inbox, and perhaps 5 new messages, they all appear together as unread, and I need to review each one to work out if it's really new (even worse when I check my phone and see a bunch of new messages, that aren't really new).

Perhaps in the Options window there could be a simple tick-box in the Deferred Messages section "mark as read".
BrianRaynor

Re: Defer messages marked as read?

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback. There is currently no way to prevent the returned deferred messages from being marked unread. We view the unmarked status as being an important way the feature works so that there is some indication that the messages have been returned to the Inbox to deal with. We will keep your request in mind for the future, but unless we hear a lot more feedback that this is something that is needed, I'm not sure that this is something we would move forward with.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support