The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Defer to Appointment

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Defer to Appointment

Postby cwatson » Thu May 31, 2012 6:23 am

Enhancement:

Instead of deferring to a date and time, I would like to be able to defer to an appt. That way if the appt moves, the things I plan to deal with during that time move with the appt.

The appt should include a checklist of things to deal with. When the appt moves the deferred items would move with the appt (ie their deferral date and time would change).

I work on multiple projects and would like to action things when they come in. One way to action is to assign it to a block of time during which it gets done. If you give me a "defer to appt" option, Clear Context would be even more useful to me.

Can you provide this enhancement?
cwatson

Re: Defer to Appointment

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu May 31, 2012 9:11 am

There is a feature that moves a message to an appointment. It creates an appointment and attaches a summary and full copy of the message to the appointment. This appointment can also be associated with a ClearContext Project, and the original message linked from the MessageContext. Is this something like what you are looking for?
ClearContext Support

Postby paul1454 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Can you move a message to an existing appointment or do you need to create a new appointment? I typically set up appointments or tasks based upon emails that require action. Often, additional information is received after that date that I would like to add to the original appointment/task. Is this possible?
paul1454

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 am

Currently, ClearContext only handles creating new appointments from messages and cannot add to an existing one.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support